Epoxy resin makes a great inlay material because it allows you to create delicat…

Epoxy resin makes a great inlay material because it allows you to create delicat…

Epoxy resin makes a great inlay material because it allows you to create delicate, complicated patterns without having to cut and match delicate, complicated inlay pieces. Here, Christopher Moore explains how to use resin to create stunning inlay and expand your design horizon. From issue #267—Mar/Apr 2018

The Indian furniture industry has witnessed almost exponential growth in recent years. The industry requires the use of varied raw materials and also in very large proportions. The furniture industry as a whole requires wood, leather, wooden board, metals, textiles, plastics and several other materials in good condition. Wood furniture is usually of different types, shapes, sizes and even color combination. These include chairs, wardrobes, sofas, mattresses, kitchen cabinets, tables and various other items. They serve different purposes at homes, schools, colleges, offices and other organizations.

The Indian furniture industry has manufactured and exported high quality furniture to the whole world. In fact, over the years, Indian wooden furniture has developed a name for itself and has found its place in royals and commoners' homes as well. The industry generates a turnover of almost Rs. 3,500 crore annually. But the astonishing fact is that only 15 percent of the industry falls within the organized sector and the remaining 85 percent consists of the disorganized sector. The organized sector involved institutional manufacturing units and exporters that meet different parts of society. The Indian wood furniture industry only shares over Rs. 60 crore. A new study by the Indian furniture industry has claimed that the market is slated to grow by over 20 percent over the next few years.

So what are the most important factors that have contributed to the development of the furniture industry in India?

The concept of a better lifestyle and a good life is quick to catch the middle class & # 39; nice in the country. Interior design is no longer the prerogative of the rich and upper class. The middle class, built up of an increase in income, rents services from interior designers and gets their homes dressed according to their wishes. They do not find that spending any extra money buying quality wooden furniture. The increased purchasing power in the middle class has contributed tremendously to the growth of the Indian furniture industry. Foreign manufacturers also invest more money in the industry, which leads to a balanced growth.

Today, globalization has affected every corner and corner of the world. One does not have to spend a fortune to get an item available on the other side of the globe. It has also strengthened the demand for Indian furniture. Besides, with the media, people have learned about good life and want the best decor in their homes. Architects and builders have also contributed to the growth. Indian furniture manufacturers make their presence known at international fairs and at home and abroad. This has resulted in increased exposure of its products to the world market.

Indian furniture sellers also open stores that are exclusively about furniture. In the past, furniture sellers were seriously interested in opening stores. Today you can see such stores in shopping malls and shopping areas. These places are visited by people all year round and Indian furniture manufacturers have taken this with aplomb.