Cheap DIY Projects For Your Home Decoration
Design and build the perfect bar for your mangrotta
A mangrotta is something that almost everyone wants in their home. This is an area where he can relax, watch sports without interruption, and make friends and family see the big game. Although some space will work for a Man Cave, no cave is complete without a really good bar. Having a bar tailor-made and installed in your space can be very expensive - the good news is that you can design and build the perfect bar on your own this weekend without breaking the bank.
Materials and tools for a DIY Man Cave Bar
- 4x4 wooden posts
- (12) 2x4 wooden planks
- Framing Square
- Circular saw
- Wood glue
- Measuring tape
Directions to a DIY Man Cave Bar
- Side Construction: The two side panels in the bar will be built by two short and two long boards. With a circular saw cut four of the 2x4 wooden boards to a length of 42 inches. Cut four additional 2x4 boards to a length of 15 inches. Place the shorter 15 inch boards inside the larger 42 inch boards to create a rectangular frame. Secure the boards together with nails.
- Framramkonstruktion: With a circular saw, cut two of the 2x4 wooden slabs to a length of 42 inches and two additional 2x4 wooden planks in a length of 84 inches. Again, place the shorter 42 inch boards inside the larger 84 inch boards and secure them with nails to create rectangular frames.
- Cut and prepare page and front panels: Start by measuring the dimensions of each side panel. Use a table saw to cut a piece of fiberboard to cover each side panel. Next, measure and cut an extra fiber plate to cover the front panel. Attach the fibreboard initially with wood glue, followed by nailing the pieces together.
- Bar Assembly: Connect the front panel to the two side panels with two 4x4 inserts. The seats should be cut to a length of 42 inches. Start by placing the first side panel and the front panel at a 45 degree angle with one of the inserts. Light up the pole and panels to form the corner of the bar. Repeat this process to attach the remaining side panel.
- Create and install the bar's top: Use the remaining fiberboard, cut a bit to the bar's top that measures slightly larger than the size of the bar itself. Using wood glue on the underside of the fiberboard, attach the board to the top of the bar frame and attach to the sides and front panels with nails.
- Paint and decorate your new bar: When the bar is designed it is time to decorate and paint it! Consider using your team's colors and even incorporating other team memorabilia to make the overall Man Cave look inviting and cohesive.